- 401(k) Matching*
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave Program
- Annual PTO Cash Out
- FSA & HSA
* 3% 401(k) matching after 3 years of employment, 5% after 5 years
** Benefits are only applicable for full-time employees
Job Role & Summary
Are you passionate about helping children and adolescents with their mental health? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking a dedicated and compassionate Secondary Counselor for our residential program to join our team. In this role, you will assist the Caseworkers and carry out all duties assigned by a member of the management team and provide basic treatment to all youth in placement in the facilitation of all segments of childcare.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional growth and development. If you have a passion for helping children and adolescents with their mental health and want to make a difference in the lives of our children, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity today!
- Assist Caseworkers in the facilitation of therapy to their assigned youth when necessary
- Co-facilitate group therapy sessions
- Assist youth in obtaining objectives as outlined on the treatment plan
- Initiate one-to-one sessions with residents as time allows
- Provide for health, safety, security, and appropriate social interaction/social behavior of residents
- Provide proper documentation via staff log and daily progress notes regarding interactions with residents
- Maintain appropriate discipline and take action as needed
- Participate in recreational events on and off-site
- Maintain regular contact with the facility to keep abreast of available work
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 21 years or older
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain Act 33, Criminal History, & FBI Act 73 clearances
- We will train you!
Diversified Treatment Alternative Centers serves children, adolescents, and their families who are struggling because of abuse and trauma. We provide a variety of outpatient and residential programs to help children and adolescents displaying emotional, behavioral, and developmental problems as well as behavior disturbances due to trauma.
If you are interested in joining a stable company of 30 years who believes in promoting from within, offers tuition reimbursement, 401-K, parental leave, a hefty staff referral bonus, employee raffles, and years of service awards (just to name few perks). You’ve found your new home! DTAC is a growing company that provides our team many unique opportunities for learning and advancement!
We serve children and adolescents who experience behavioral health difficulties in a variety of settings. DTAC’s Mission is to serve children, adolescents, and their families in a stable and safe environment where one’s potential, personal strengths and relationships are the basis for lifelong change and self-sufficiency.
Diversified Treatment Alternative Centers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.