Diversified Treatment Alternative Centers provides specialized behavioral health treatment programs for children, adolescents and their families throughout Pennsylvania and Delaware. In both our outpatient and residential programs, we offer innovative treatment to those who have experienced emotional, physical, and sexual abuse and trauma. DTAC also provides treatment for those who exhibit sexual behavior problems in an intensive, solution-focused treatment process. Our treatment programs in PA and DE provide a stable and safe environment where our patients’ potential, personal strengths, and relationships are the basis for life long change and self-sufficiency.
Residential Treatment Programs
DTAC’s psychiatric/residential treatment facilities (PRTF/RTF) offer inpatient treatment programs at three facilities across central PA. At-risk children and adolescent males receive targeted treatment in an intimate, family setting to help individuals feel safe and welcomed during treatment. Our programs also place a focus on systematic community reintegration.
- Lewisburg Residential Treatment Center
- Danville Residential Treatment Center
- The Cottages Residential Treatment Center
Residential Program: Year 2020 Tracking Data
Outpatient Treatment Programs
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): A 5-day per week, multidisciplinary program that includes counseling and psychotherapy.
- Abuse Resolution and Recovery Treatment Services (ARRTS): Intensive therapy services to address traumatic experiences that lead to mood and behavioral disturbances.
- Intensive Behavioral Health Services (IBHS): One on one behavioral interventions are offered for our clients and they’re familiar to improve their social, emotional, and behavioral issues.
- Community Residential Rehabilitation (CRR) and Host Home Program (HHP): Clients live with a host family in the community who provides structure and support during treatment.
- PRISM Program: Clinical program for adolescents who have exhibited sexual misconduct or have committed a sexual offense.
Evidence-Based Treatment Modalities
DTAC utilizes a clinical approach that integrates recognized behavioral and cognitive therapies. Treatment modalities include the following:
- Weekly individual psychotherapy provided by a mental health professional
- Daily therapy sessions
- Weekly family therapy sessions
- Curriculum-based groups based on client needs identified through assessment instruments like the Child and Adolescent Functional Assessment Scale (CAFAS®) and the Abel Assessment for Sexual Interests Second Edition (AASI II™)
- Trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy (TF-CBT)
Our programs also employ a comprehensive intervention strategy to manage behaviors rooted in proactive responses, rather than a reactionary method. This process and philosophy occur through the following activities:
- The implementation of a therapeutic community model of treatment advocating a youth-to-youth feedback process supervised by professional staff.
- A high level of individual involvement between the youth and staff in the areas of cognitive therapy, recreational therapy, and individual and group psychotherapy.
- The use of natural and logical consequences for irresponsible behavior.
- The facilitation of techniques via the lecture series of curriculum programs to solve conflict effectively.
- The progression of behavioral freedoms and rewards as incorporated into the phase system.
- The implementation of structural therapy sessions to deal with therapeutic issues that have fostered resentment, anger, and hurt.
- Weekly therapeutic task sheets that focus on specific assignments according to the clients’ treatment plan.
Contact Diversified Treatment Alternative Centers Today
In our treatment programs, all of our clients receive targeted, individualized treatment for their specific needs. Our goal is to help the children, adolescents and their families in our communities begin to heal and re-enter their communities as productive, responsible individuals.
Reach out to us today to learn more about our treatment programs in PA and DE and how you can access care. You can reach us at 570.524.0307 or by contacting us online.